1/21/2009

Read & Pray

Turn your heart's desire into a prayer. As you read this psalm, notice the words that have something to do with trouble, need, or help and see the Lord's promises for you.

May the Lord answer you in a day of trouble;
may the name of Jacob's God protect you.
May He send you help from the sanctuary
and sustain you from Zion. May He remember all your offerings
and accept your burnt offering.
May He give you what your heart desires
and fulfill your whole purpose.
Let us shout for joy at your victory
and lift the banner in the name of our God.

May the Lord fulfill all your requests.
Now I know that the Lord gives victory to His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven
with mighty victories from His right hand.
Some take pride in a chariot, and others in horses,
but we take pride in the name of the Lord our God.
They collapse and fall,
but we rise and stand firm.
Lord, give victory to the king!
May He answer us on the day that we call. Psalm 20


God bless you.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! I especially love this verse:

    Some take pride in a chariot, and others in horses, but we take pride in the name of the Lord our God.

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take comfort knowing that "HE will answer on the day that I call." Since, I given my life to him, he has not let me down yet.

    Love, peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for reminding me of his awesome deity.


    GOD Bless~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed to read that. I think I might read Psalm 20 right before I go to bed tonight. Thanks for planting that seed into my spirit. Have a bless week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myriam,
    I love praying God's Word. Have you read Beth Moore's book "Praying God's Word"?

    ReplyDelete