2/18/2015

Lent Challenge Day 1

Margaret Feinberg is hosting a 40 Day Lent Challenge (#LentChallenge) through the Gospel books.  And of the questions that she’s posing is:

What do I most need to read but least want to hear?

For me, it’s a sense that I need WAKE up and not live a life of complacency any longer.  There is too much at stake.  I need to WAKE and get in the fight and not be a bystander.  My heart cry is for Christ’s light to shine in my life and in the process radiate his light to others.
I think of the following passage: This is why it is said: "Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Eph. 5:14.

The assigned reading for today was Matthew chapters 1-2. And I couldn’t help but focus on the names of the Child that was to be born as Matthew points us to his genealogy from the beginning of time.  And in the fullness of time from the entire Old Testament, Jesus “God saves” shows up to save his people from their sins.

In the first 2 chapters of Matthew, Jesus is:

Davis’s Son
Abraham’s son
Jesus – God saves
Immanuel “God is with us”
King of the Jews
Messiah
Leader
Shepherd-rule



What do I most need to read?  That He is everything on that list and more.






0 comments:

Post a Comment