6/03/2008

Salvation is near!

  • I am extremely excited to be part of this generation as I witness history in the making and the great thing is ‘I got to see it.’ An African American (I prefer to say black) has won the democratic nomination and if there was ever a time that a person of African descent has ever come closed to become the next president of the United States – it is now. Hallelujah!!! I would have rejoiced for Hillary as well because she’s a woman. I am living in historic times and whether my offspring decides to become the next president or not is his choice but the road has been paved. It’s possible. It’s within reach. Glory to God. God is not surprised because he knew it all along. Long ago before He uttered the world into existence. Dream big!!!
  • There a number of other important issues looming on the horizon as well. We also live in an unprecedented economic trying times and I know a thing or two about that. Praise you Lord for being my Jehovah-Jireh!
  • The ‘dollar’ is worth 20% less right now in the open market. The Euro is worth more and is the currency in Europe used by many countries. Who cares, you say? We are so dependent on many other countries for a lot of commodities. Foods at are their highest. Gas price – man oh man. I am one who needs oil to warm my shelter and it was $2.65 last year for a gallon and now I hesitate much to sign a contract where it will cost close to $5.00 a gallon. With a tank of 250 gallons – should not be a hard math to do = 250 x 5 = $1,250 and I will need about 3 fill-ins for the winter season. Compare that to just a year ago 250 x 2.65 = $662.50. Is that shocking or what – it sure is to me. Every time, I take a trip to the food place, it seems to cost more and more and that’s happening at a record time – faster than I can blink.
  • As I write this, I am listening to McCain on CNN and just said ‘the best days are ahead of us’. I beg to differ. Wait – I don’t just beg -I differ. Well, I just might be alone in this line of thinking but a survey of world news will tell us plenty. There is a worldwide famine ravaging many countries. People are dying of hunger. True that it has not yet hit close to home. But for those who call Haiti home, it’s a truth that the inhabitants have to face daily.
  • A few biblical facts worth remembering as the Bible is not silent at all on the subject of what is going on in the world. My Lord said Matthew 24:34 “I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.’ What things? Read on…

1. FALSE PROPHETS

Matthew 24:5 "For many will come in my name, saying, I am Christ, and will mislead many."
Matthew 24:11 "And many false prophets will arise, and will mislead many."

2. WARS

-Matthew 24:6 "And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end."
-Matthew 24:7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."

3. FAMINES
Matthew 24:7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."

4. TRIBULATIONS
Matthew 24:8-9 "But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of my name."

And much, much more can be said from the writings of Daniel and Revelation regarding two countries that will play super important roles in the future 1.China 2. India. And not to forget the European Union that is composed of currently 27 countries and you no doubt have heard of a ‘one world currency’ or should I say the Euro which is already here and all nations under one head of state – one world government. A Roman empire in the making as prophesized by Daniel. Are we blessed or what?

Luke 21:28 "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." My Redeemer is drawing near. And I join forces with the Apostle John and I say “Amen. Come Lord Jesus’ Rev 22:20.

Thanks for reading my blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment