6/19/2015

Book Review: Finding Your Way Back To God



To say that I love the book is an understatement.  I’ve written all over the pages and shouted Yes and Yes over and over because the authors Dave and Jon Ferguson have posed and guided me to questions that I did not know how to ask or dare to in the book Finding Your Way Back to God.
The authors boldly ask the reader to take a wager in finding god. In so doing, made the following five observations:
1. Awakening to Longing: “There’s got to be more.” – “God, if you are real, make yourself real to me. Awaken in me the ability to see that you are what’s missing from my life.” (Romans 1:18-20?)

2. Awakening to Regret: “I wish I could start over.” - “God, if you real, make yourself real to me. Awaken in me the possibility that with you I could start over again.” (1 John 1:8-9)

3. Awakening to Help: “I can’t do this on my own.” – “God, if you are real, make yourself real to me. Awaken in me the willingness to turn toward you for help.” (1 Pet 5:5)

4. Awakening to Love: “God loves me deeply after all.” – “God, if you are real, make yourself real to me. Awaken in me the awareness that I am your unconditionally loved child.” (John 3:16)

5. Awakening to Life: “Now this is living.”- “God, if you are real, make yourself real to me. Awaken in me the confidence that I can live a brand-new life.” (2 Cor 5:170

And the back story if the parable of the prodigal son.  I guarantee you will never read the story the same way again.  It was eye opening to see how they pull out so much truth from the story that will lead the reader right into the arms of a loving Father.
The book can help anyone at any stages on their spiritual journey or even non believer as many of the stories shared in the book inform us.  Also, included is a 30 day study guide to go along as one wrestles and dialogues with God.

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

0 comments:

Post a Comment