3/11/2009

Praising God Through Singing

It was our typical night as I got my son ready for bed. We would read a bible story and discuss it and concludes with him praying before retiring for the night. His prayer always, always starts with 'Dear God' then....

That night was no exception. He has this ability to recall bible stories with the peoples' names including every minor detail (which may be not minor if it is in God's word). I listened to him pray with my eyes closed and he was in such a deep conversation with God.

Then he said:

God - I am thankful you can move any mountains. To which I quickly shout out a big 'amen'. He continued 'God - you are awesome because you conquered the grave'. My amen was louder this time. And I thought to myself 'whose child is this?".

Well as you know, all good things must come to an end. I kissed him good night and as I was exiting the room, he yelled out:

Mom - what does conquered mean?

Before I could answer, he was singing a song by Hillsong which we had sung in church last Sunday. And the chorus goes like:

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of Salvation
He rose & conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave



5 comments:

  1. Amen! Amen! and Amen! I love that song. It is one of my favorites! How sweet that he recited it during his prayer time even if he didn't know what conquered meant.

    I have been wondering about you my friend. Please forgive me for not sending an email. But I figured you were just busy. I know you are a busy lady. Just know that I have been thinking about you and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Myrism,

    Teach a child while he is young and when he is older he will not depart.

    Beautiful song.

    Brother Wilson


    GOD Bless~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my previous comment got lost???

    I praise God and I praise you for being a single parent. He is learing things about GOD and life that he will carry throughout his life and teach "his" family. I only wish that my parents had instilled GOD's word in my heart. But now I can share his word and works w/my kids.

    Love and "missed" you, my sister-friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the two of you praying together. What a gift you are giving to your son. Had to laugh as he yells out "what does conquer mean". HA - too funny. You are such a blessing. Have missed your words over here.

    Love ya,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful praise report!! I love Hillsong; this one of my favs. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    PS - Try not to be a stranger. I missed reading your beautiful words of encouragement and inspirations. Stay Bless and Stay Strong!!

    ReplyDelete